Open Letter to the Great Lakes Bay Region on Race and Ethnicity
MiHIA has been dedicated to advancing the health of all people in the region and will continue to pursue our vision and mission vigorously.
In conjunction with our 2020 Open Letter to the Community on Race and Ethnicity, and with thoughtful review, MiHIA believes it can and should take additional actions.
MiHIA Commitments and Action
- MiHIA commits to increase the racial/ ethnic diversity of our MiHIA BOD within one year.
- MiHIA commits to advance discussion with our partners regarding the THRIVE Steering Team Diversity with THRIVE Steering Team
- MiHIA commits to accelerate and expand our current action to include all people especially those marginalized communities for broader inclusion of in planning and implementation of our work.
- MiHIA will seek and connect with partners across the region for meaningful conversations to listen, learn and act on racism and all forms of discrimination.
- MiHIA commits to add a special focus on equity leadership to current interviews for our new CEO.
WHO WE ARE
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of people within our region through effective use of information and collaboration to establish our region as a community of health excellence through a comprehensive focus on population health, patient experience, cost of care, and provider well-being
The Michigan Health Improvement Alliance, Inc., or MiHIA (ma-high-ah), is a diverse group of stakeholders collaborating together as a non-profit organization to improve health and health delivery in central Michigan. This formal community collaboration is designated to build a health care system where consumers, providers and payers make decisions based on the value and quality of care.
Targets health and systems broadly at the regional level
The Triple Aim framework is the compass to optimize health and health care. MiHIA’s regional approach is based on a core belief that solutions to national problems – like healthcare – can be found and designed at local levels.
MiHIA’s Health Dashboard 4.0
The visual analysis tool that helps people in the 14-county region it serves to make healthy decisions quickly, monitor their region’s performance and practice sharing development. MiHIA’s Health Dashboard 4.0 is powered by Health Communities Institute (HCI), which provides high-quality community health assessment data and health indicator tracking. With the help of the Dashboard, MiHIA aims to improve the overall health status and quality of life for communities throughout Great Lakes bay region.